Sunday, August 21, 2011

Hugo Awards 2011

I've been watching the awards online tonight. I had made my own picks in four categories, and the Hugo Award voters agreed with one of the four.

The winners in those four categories:

Best Short Story:
“For Want of a Nail” by Mary Robinette Kowal (Asimov’s, September 2010)

Best Novelette:
"The Emperor of Mars” by Allen M. Steele (Asimov’s, June 2010)

Best Novella (this is where I agreed):
The Lifecycle of Software Objects by Ted Chiang (Subterranean)

Best Novel:
Blackout/All Clear by Connie Willis (Ballantine Spectra)

Please go back to my original post to find out what I thought of the nominees in these categories. I had a great time reading everything nominated in the four big areas, although I'm not sure I'd bother watching the actual awards ceremony again.





3 comments:

  1. Awards ceremonies are boring, aren't they? I usually just check the internet for the results the next day :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Award ceremonies bore the poo out of me! I'm like Sam, I'd much rather just have a list of the winners. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true! These weren't even the ceremonies with flashy dresses and popular musical numbers, although the awards themselves were pretty impressive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.