Sunday, October 20, 2019

Review: I Hope We Choose Love: A Trans Girl's Notes from the End of the World

I Hope We Choose Love: A Trans Girl's Notes from the End of the World I Hope We Choose Love: A Trans Girl's Notes from the End of the World by Kai Cheng Thom
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was an interesting read because I've read Kai Cheng Thom's work and was blown away by her in previous years. This essay collection pulls back the curtain to the trauma that accompanies fame whether that comes from the work or being a SJW on the internet (self-declared, since I think of this as a negative term), questions the assumed safety inherit in queer communities, and proposes a few approaches of restorative justice moving forward.

Out from Arsenal Pulp October 8, I had a copy through Edelweiss.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.