Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Review: Erosion: Essays of Undoing

Erosion: Essays of Undoing Erosion: Essays of Undoing by Terry Tempest Williams
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

"We are eroding and evolving, all at once."

Terry Tempest Williams tackles the theme of erosion and undoing throughout these essays - examining topics of public lands, family, career, belief. There is an underlying tension between connectedness and grief that I've experienced in her writing before.

I'm posting this a few days after finishing and I just keep thinking about her losing her job at the University of Utah after she and her husband tried protecting some land by forming a trust and bidding on the lease. She herself is an institution, living in Utah, teaching writing, and her own undoing included moving across the country at last part of the year just to make a living.

TW for Trump-led destruction of protected lands, harm to Diné communities, and suicide.

I had a copy from FSG Books through Netgalley and this book comes out October 8, 2019.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.