Sunday, September 30, 2018

Books Read September 2018: 219 - 247


Pictured: This month's 5-star reads

219. The Wrong Heaven by Amy Bonnaffons ***** (print galley; my review)
220. Struck by Lightning by Chris Colfer *** (Hoopla audiobook; my review)
221. The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo ***** (Hoopla audiobook; my review)
222. Ohio by Stephen Markley **** (eARC; my review)
223. A Man Called Ove by Fredrick Backman *** (postal book swap; my review)
224. Secrets of a Hutterite Kitchen by Mary-Ann Kirkby **** (interlibrary loan; my review)
225. The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben **** (Hoopla eBook; my review)
226. Rodeo in Reverse by Lindsay Alexander **** (eARC; my review)
227. Dumplin' by Julie Murphy **** (Hoopla audiobook; my review)
228. Solo by Kwame Alexander *** (Hoopla audiobook; my review)
229. The Diary of a Bookseller by Shaun Bythell **** (eARC; my review)
230. Rising: Dispatches from the New American Shore by Elizabeth Rush ***** (Hoopla eBook; my review)
231. From a Low and Quiet Sea by Donal Ryan *** (eARC; my review)
232. Sabrina by Nick Drnaso ** (library book; my review)
233. The End of the Moment We Had by Toshiki Okada **** (eARC; my review)
234. The Best American Poetry 2018 ed. Dana Gioia **** (eARC; my review)
235. The Water Cure by Sophie Mackintosh **** (eARC and library book; my review)
236. Normal People by Sally Rooney ***** (eARC; my review)
237. A Coffin for Dimitrios by Eric Ambler **** (postal book swap; my review)
238. Baking as Biography by Diane Tye **** (interlibrary loan; my review)
239. The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan **** (Audible audiobook; my review)
240. In Our Mad and Furious City by Guy Gunaratne **** (library book; my review)
241. Premonitions by Elizabeth Schmul **** (eARC; my review)
242. Milkman by Anna Burns ** (eARC; my review)
243. There There by Tommy Orange **** (library book; my review)
244. Our Homesick Songs by Emma Hooper ***** (library book; my review)
245. Girls and Boys by Dennis Kelly **** (Audible exclusive; my review)
246. Annie Muktuk and Other Stories by Norma Dunning ***** (personal copy; my review)
247. The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah *** (library eBook; my review)

Total books read: 29
Review copies: 12

Audio: 6
eBook: 12
Print:11

Canada/Alaska 2018: 5
Postal Book Swaps: 2
Newest Literary Fiction Group: YA Theme: 4
Science September: 2

Giller Prize Longlist: 1

Man Booker Prize Longlist: 5
Man Booker Prize Shortlist: 1

National Book Award Longlist: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.