Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Review: Gods of Howl Mountain

Gods of Howl Mountain Gods of Howl Mountain by Taylor Brown
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is my first read by Taylor Brown but it won't be the last. I love to read books set in somewhat local places!

From the publisher blurb:
"Taylor Brown explores a world of folk healers, whiskey-runners, and dark family secrets in the high country of 1950s North Carolina."

I would add to that war veterans, snake healers, and one kick-ass grandma. A fun read and a little look into the lawless world of Appalachia (particularly when the "law" has other motivations.) Granny May is one of the most unforgettable characters in recent reading.

Thanks to the publisher for providing early access through NetGalley and Edelweiss (whoops). The book came out March 20, 2018.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.