Books pictured are this month's five-star reads.
- Two Old Women by Velma Wallis
- The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks
- Fire Sermon by Jamie Quatro
- Norwegian by Night by Derek B. Miller
- The Dry by Harper, Jane
- Woman at 1,000 Degrees by Hallgrímur Helgason
- Bear by Marian Engel
- White Tears by Hari Kunzru
- I Want to Show You More by Jamie Quatro
- Binti: The Night Masquerade by Nnedi Okorafor
- Little Reunions by Eileen Chang
- Take Me With You by Andrea Gibson
- The End of Eddy by Édouard Louis
- Idaho by Emily Ruskovich
- Grief Map by Sarah Hahn Campbell
- The Wind Off the Small Isles and The Lost One by Mary Stewart
- If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name by Heather Lende
- Large Animals by Jess Arndt
- Need to Know by Karen Cleveland
- Winter by Karl Ove Knasgard
- The Animators by Kayla Rae Whitaker
- The Dark Dark by Samantha Hunt
- The Night Guest by Fiona McFarlane
- Refuge by Terry Tempest Williams
Pages read: 6071
7 personal copy
9 review copy
8 library copy
1 Book club
2 Monthly theme for Newest Literary Fiction ("Australia")
5 Tournament of Books (4 shortlist, 1 long list)
Progress on Reading Goals for 2018:
1. Read Canada and Alaska
Wallis, Campbell, and Lende are set in Alaska; Engel is set in Canada.
2. Complete six book speed-dating projects
Haven't done this so will need to in February! I think I'll start with my leftover galleys from 2017.
3. Host two Reading Envy readalongs
4. Reading challenges
Reading Women Challenge
I think I've fulfilled four items from this.
Unread Shelf Project 2018 (found in Instagram)
#theunreadshelfproject2018 @theunreadshelf @calsreads @katereadsbooks
I feel like my cookbook project is fun, and I'm sticking to that pretty well, but I'm not meeting my goal of 50% books from my own shelves, at least not so far.
5. Keep book data outside of Goodreads
I'm having fun with this - planner, spreadsheet, etc. I need to turn off the Kindle functionality that changes a Goodread status to "read" because I almost missed a book from this list because of that.