Thursday, January 4, 2018

Books Read December 2017

All my previous monthly posts were numbered, but somewhere along the line I messed up the numbering. I think I read 339 books this year; Goodreads thinks I read 346. Who knows for certain? But these are the books I read in December, in a vague order. Many near the end were a rush to try to finish all the ARCs I had from 2017. I didn't make it to the end of that list, even.

Pictured books were my five-star reads.



The Family Plot by Cherie Priest **** (library book; my review)
Vacationland by John Hodgman *** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
The Best Kind of People by Zoe Whittall **** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
The Story of Land and Sea by Katy Simpson Smith **** (library book; my review)
The Book of Love and Hate by Lauren Sanders ** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
Bonfire by Krysten Ritter *** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
Stephen Florida by Gabe Habash **** (Hoopla audiobook; my review)
Cartwheels in a Sari by Jayanti Tamm *** (personal ecopy; my review)
Son of a Trickster by Eden Robinson **** (interlibrary loan; my review)
Grief Cottage by Gail Godwin *** (library book; my review)
Never Coming Back by Alison McGhee **** (eARC from publisher; my review)
Sip by Brian Allen Carr *** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
Goodbye, Vitamin by Rachel Khong ***** (library book; my review)
Priestdaddy: A Memoir by Patricia Lockwood **** (personal copy audiobook; my review)
Women & Power: A Manifesto by Mary Beard **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
Adua by Igiaba Scebo **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
Best Day Ever by Kaira Rouda ** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
Artemis by Andy Weir ** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
Wild Embers by Nikita Gill *** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
Christmas Days: 12 Stories and 12 Feasts for 12 Days by Jeanette Winterson **** (Hoopla ebook; my review)
Gratitude in Low Voices by Dawit Gebremichael Habte **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
Other Men's Daughters by Richard Stern **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
Augustown by Kei Miller **** (interlibrary loan; my review)
The Nothing by Hanif Kureishi *** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
The Last Ballad by Wiley Cash **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide by Nicholas Kristof **** (postal book swap; my review)
The Book of Dog by Lark Benobi ***** (personal ecopy; my review)
A State of Freedom by Neel Mukherjee **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
The Power by Naomi Alderman **** (personal copy from Book of the Month; my review)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.