Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Review: White Ivy

White Ivy White Ivy by Susie Yang
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

My last lingering eARC from 2020 and I saved a great read for last. Ivy struggles to fit in, and this may be her status as the child of immigrants partially raised by her grandmother in China when she was very young, who taught her how to steal. But I also think her classmates are reacting to something else - she's a bit of a sociopath, really.. I kept being reminded of Tom Ripley...

The reader follows Ivy from her childhood to a culminating party where she is mortified in front of her crush, then moves in stages through high school, college, after college.... Her decisions, reinventions, and sharp turns kept me reading!

I had a copy of this book from the publisher through NetGalley. It came out November 3, 2020, and I'm a bit behind.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.