Monday, August 31, 2020

Review: Such a Fun Age

Such a Fun Age Such a Fun Age by Kiley Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I didn't expect to enjoy this book quite so much but the writing is exceptional, and the characters are very individual and believable. I'll forgive the author the one overly convenient plot point that I don't think she needed to make it all work, but it does add some complexities to how characters relate to one another.

This is one of the debut novels on the Booker longlist. So far, I'd give it a yes for the shortlist, but I've only read three - the other two would be a yes (Real Life by Brandon Taylor) and a no (Redhead by the Side of the Road by Anne Tyler)- The New Wilderness will be up next.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.