Monday, June 29, 2020

Review: The Eighth Life

The Eighth Life The Eighth Life by Nino Haratischwili
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book has had my complete attention every spare minute of the last week, and I was absorbed from page 1 to page 944. A family saga that starts with the four daughters of a Georgian chocolatier, through wars and revolutions and generations. That's the country of Georgia, which I knew almost nothing about.

I always say I find my best reads on the long but not shortlists of awards and this is no exception (longlisted for the International Booker) - any other books I've picked up while reading this have paled in comparison.

I had copy from the publisher through Edelweiss but it took me a while to get to it. It came out April 14, 2020.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.