Friday, May 1, 2020

Books Read April 2020: 77-107


Pictured: 5-star reads (the Harry Potter should be "Philosopher's Stone" since I listened to the UK version

77. Children of War by Deborah Ellis ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Hoopla eBook; my review)
78. The Malevolent Volume by Justin Phillip Reed ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
79. Slingshot by Cyrée Jarelle Johnson ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from publisher; my review)
80. They Called Us Enemy by George Takei, illustrated by Justin Eisinger, Steven Scott, & Harmony Becker ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Hoopla eBook; my review)
81. Crazy Brave by Joy Harjo ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (library eBook; my review)
82. Home is a Stranger by Parnaz Foroutan ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
83. Billie by Anna Gavalda, translated by Jennifer Rappaport ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
84. Back to September by Melissa Brayden ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from publisher; my review)
85. Postcolonial Love Poem by Natalie Diaz ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Graywolf Galley Club; my review)
86. The Fortress by S.A. Jones ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
87. The House in the Cerulean Sea by T.J. Klune ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (review copy; my review)
88. Naming the Dawn by Abdourahman Waberi, translated by Nancy Naomi Carlson ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy eBook; my review)
89. Celestial Bodies by Jokha Alharthi, translated by Marilyn Booth ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Hoopla eBook; my review)
90. $50,000 by Andrew Weatherhead ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from publisher; my review)
91. Then the Fish Swallowed Him by Amir Ahmadi Arian ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
92. The Experiment of West Kurdistan by Zaher Baher ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
93. Hex by Lauren Dinerstein Knight ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
94. Kissing Tolstoy by Penny Reid ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Hoopla eBook; my review)
95. Lady at the Window by Robert Waldron ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
96. An American Sunrise: Poems by Joy Harjo ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
97. 13th Balloon by Mark Bibbins ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from publisher; my review)
98. Days of Distraction by Alexandra Chang ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
99. Afterlife by Julia Alvarez ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
100. Dispatch by Cameron Awkward-Rich ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from publisher; my review)
101. The Foley Artist by Ricco Villanueva Siasoco ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from publisher; my review)
102. The Island of Sea Women by Lisa See ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (library copy; my review)
103. Temporary People by Deepak Unnikrishnan ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
104. The Silent Treatment by Abbie Greaves ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
105. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling, narrated by Stephen Fry ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Audible Stories audiobook; my review)
106. Malicroix by Henri Bosco, translated by Joyce Zonana ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
107. A Very Punchable Face by Colin Jost ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)

Total Books Read: 31

Audiobook: 1
eBook: 23
Print: 7

Library: 6 (this includes library eBooks and Hoopla)
Review copy: 18
Own: 7

American/Canadian Indigenous Writers: 3
Graphic novel/comic: 1
Memoir: 3
Middle East 2020: 6
National Poetry Month: 10 (including one poet memoir)
Romance: 2
SFF: 3
Short Stories: 1
Translated: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.