Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Review: A Castle in the Clouds

A Castle in the Clouds A Castle in the Clouds by Kerstin Gier
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is a book I requested in my flurry of trying to read as many holiday reads before the holidays as I could take. I didn't get to this one but since it's set up to New Year's Eve and a bit beyond it still works. Also this is translated YA, which I don't see all that often. (Apparently some know the author from a time travel historical romance series, this seems more contemporary.)

Overall a feel-good read set in a Swiss mountain luxury hotel, with balls and mystery cats and snowstorms and afternoon tea. Sophie is an intern who moves between roles as chambermaid, spa receptionist, childcare, and other duties as assigned. She stumbles into awkward situations like money laundering, jewel heists, kidnapping, and more.

It comes out at the end of January from Henry Holt Books - I had a copy through Edelweiss.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.