Saturday, September 21, 2019

Review: Make It Scream, Make It Burn: Essays

Make It Scream, Make It Burn: Essays Make It Scream, Make It Burn: Essays by Leslie Jamison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I feel like Jamison has matured in how she views relationships and other people. These essays seem more interested in other people's motivations and quirks than her own, and she comes across as curious and empathetic. In 2007, I wrote an article for an obscure music librarian journal about Second Life and she interviewed one of the same avatars for the essay on Second Life in this collection. "52 Blue" is a favorite in this collection, and I really liked "The Real Smoke" which is about Vegas culture and our unrealistic expectations of relationships.

This essay collection comes out next Tuesday (September 24, 2019,) and I have a copy from the publisher through NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.