Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Books 31-56 of 2017 (February)



Books pictured are this month's 5-star reads

Total Books Read: 25

Titles from Tournament of Books: 1
Titles for Book Clubs: 4

Audiobook: 2
eBook: 9
Print: 14

Graphic novel: 1
Memoir: 3
Non-fiction/essays (not including memoir): 9
Short stories: 1

Male: 9
Female: 12
Multi/other: 5

PoC: 9

31. Violent Borders: Refugees and the Right to Move by Reece Jones (personal ecopy; my review)****
32. Freedom is a Constant Struggle: Ferguson, Palestine, and the Foundations of a Movement by Angela Y. Davis (interlibrary loan; my review)****
33. Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders, narrated by 166 voices (review audiobook; my review)*****
34. Binti: Home (Binti #2) by Nnedi Okorafor (eARC from NetGalley; my review)****
35. Black Wave by Michelle Tea (interlibrary loan; my review)*****
36. Nagasaki: Life After Nuclear War by Susan Southard (interlibrary loan; my review)*****
37. The Verso Book of Dissent: A Global Guide to Rebellion and Revolution, from Spartacus to Black Lives Matter edited by Andrew Hsiao (personal ecopy; my review)****
38. A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding by Jackie Copleton (personal copy; my review)****
39. The End of Average: How to Succeed in a World that Values Sameness by Todd Ross (institutional copy; my review)***
40. One Day We'll All Be Dead and None of This Will Matter by Scaachi Koul (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)****
41. Fever Dream by Samanta Schweblin (library book; my review)***
42. We Too Sing America: South Asian, Arab, Muslim, and Sikh Immigrants Shape Our Multiracial Future by Deepa Iyer (library book; my review)****
43. Slipping: Stories, Essays & Other Writings by Lauren Beukes (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)***
44. Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz (book swap; my review)***
45. The Salt Roads by Nalo Hopkinson (library eBook; my review)****
46. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah (personal audiobook copy; my review)****
47. The Mindfulness Diaries: How I Survived My First Nine-Day Silent Meditation Retreat by Jennifer Howd (library book; my review)****
48. Havana: A Subtropical Delirium by Mark Kurlansky (eARC from NetGalley; my review)****
49. Lace Bone Beast: Poems & Other Fairy Tales for Wicked Girls by N.L. Shompole (eARC from publisher; my review)****
50. Every Heart a Doorway (Wayward Children #1) by Seanan McGuire (library book; my review)***
51. Plainsong (Plainsong #1) by Kent Haruf (personal copy; my review)*****
52. Sisters of the Revolution: A Feminist Speculative Fiction Anthology edited by Ann and Jeff VanderMeer (personal copy; my review)****
53. The Iguana Tree by Michel Stone (library book; my review)****
54. Love is Love: a comic book anthology to benefit the survivors of the Orlando Pulse shooting edied by Marc Andreyko (Hoopla; my review)****
55. The Undergraduate Experience: Focusing Institutions on What Matters Most by Peter Felten (library book; my review)****
56. The Refugees by Viet Thanh Nguyen (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.