Sunday, March 13, 2016

Library Books Mid-March 2016

I bring home a lot of books from the library. But I have reasons!! So many reasons. And I think some of these are due soon, so I'd better get reading.

A Reading Diary by Alberto Manguel
The Lover's Dictionary by David Levithan
Light Years by James Salter
Six-Gun Snow White by Catherynne M. Valente
Sinners Welcome: Poems by Mary Karr
The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin
Decolonising the Mind by Ngugi ma Thiong'o
Barsk: The Elephants' Graveyard by Lawrence M. Schoen
Updraft by Fran Wilde
The Potbellied Virgin by Alicia Yanez Cossio
Memory Wall: Stories by Anthony Doerr
Forty Rooms by Olga Grushin
Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End by Atul Gawande
I Call Myself a Feminist: The View from Twenty-Five Women Under Thirty by various
The Sandman: Overture by Neil Gaiman

The Nebula Award nominees were recently announced, and that sent me to the public library for the Jemisin, Schoen, and Wilde. When I got there, Valente jumped off the new books shelf too.

I requested the Karr, Levithan, Salter, and Gawande from interlibrary loan all for different reasons. I was curious about Karr in poetry form, Levithan was recommended to me as a romance I might like, Salter was mentioned on a podcast, and Gawande I was interested in since my Dad is battling cancer. I can't get the nerve to crack the cover, so it may not be the right time for me to read this book about mortality.

The Cossio, Thiong'o, and feminist anthology are for book clubs, and the Doerr, Grushin, Gaiman, and Manguel are just for my curiosity! Actually I had previously read the Grushin as a review copy and wanted to read from it for my podcast, and checked out the library copy. Look for that on an upcoming episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.