Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

When I read this back in 2005, I remember being annoyed by Christopher. I think I didn't really get it, then. This time around (2011), I listened to the audio, and enjoyed it a lot more. The main character, being autistic, does not always make the connections that the reader can make about his world, and I enjoyed that dichotomy very much. It must take an amazing amount of energy to raise such a complicated child - let's hope all families have a Siobhan in their lives!

Other fun bits for list-making-lovers like me include charts and graphs, math problems, and an intertwined mystery story along with Christopher's life.  

I participated in the SFF Audio readalong for this book, and you can listen here, if you have about 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.