Monday, January 3, 2022

Reading Around the World - The Completist

In 2021, I read 19 more places I had on my unread list, most of them in Europe, but I also crossed off Kazakhstan, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritania, Belize, El Salvador, Panama, and Puerto Rico (yes I know this is technically USA but following my rules it is also separate).

Here is what remains, first the map and then the list. I welcome any and all recommendations, although I always prefer authors from the countries and set there. I'm sticking to my original rules where only books I've read since my project began count, but a few countries on the remaining list are taunting me, for instance Afghanistan, which I have read at least twice, but prior to 2012. I've also read books that might include one of these countries but if it isn't the full focus, I don't count it (otherwise Sovietistan would have crossed off a couple!) Some of these places may not even be on my list accurately ten years later.

ASIA

Afghanistan

Hong Kong

Macau

Maldives

Paracel Islands

Spratly Islands

Tajikistan

Tibet

Turkmenistan


AFRICA

Burkina Faso

Burundi

Central African Republic

Chad

Comoros
Cote d’Ivoire

Guinea

Guinea-Bissau

Mayotte

Sao Tome and Principe

Seychelles

Togo

Western Sahara


CARIBBEAN

Antigua and Barbuda

Costa Rica

Grenada

Nicaragua

Saint Kitts and Nevis

Saint Lucia

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines


EUROPE

Belgium

Liechtenstein

Malta
Man, Isle of

San Marino


MIDDLE EAST

Bahrain


PACIFIC

Cook Islands

Timor

Fiji

Marshall Islands

Micronesia, Federated States

Nauru

New Caldonia

Niue

Northern Mariana Islands

Solomon Islands

Tonga

Tuvalu

Vanuatu


SOUTH AMERICA

Bolivia

Easter Island

French Guiana

Suriname

Venezuela


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.