I should also note that when you vote, you vote from 1-5. That way if your top voted item gets discarded for low votes, your vote still somehow counts for something. For me, it was far easier to pick a winner than to differentiate between 3 and 4.
Did you vote in the Hugo Awards? Do you have a beef with my selections? Leave a comment!
- Embassytown, China Miéville (Macmillan / Del Rey)
- Silently and Very Fast, Catherynne M. Valente (WSFA)
- “Ray of Light”, Brad R. Torgersen (Analog)
Best Short Story
- “The Cartographer Wasps and the Anarchist Bees”, E. Lily Yu (Clarkesworld)
- The Steampunk Bible: An Illustrated Guide to the World of Imaginary Airships, Corsets and Goggles, Mad Scientists, and Strange Literature, Jeff VanderMeer and S. J. Chambers (Abrams Image)
- Writing Excuses, Season 6 (podcast series), Brandon Sanderson, Dan Wells, Howard Tayler, Mary Robinette Kowal, and Jordan Sanderson
- Locke & Key Volume 4: Keys To The Kingdom, written by Joe Hill, illustrated by Gabriel Rodriguez (IDW)
- The Unwritten (Volume 4): Leviathan, created by Mike Carey and Peter Gross, written by Mike Carey, illustrated by Peter Gross (Vertigo)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, screenplay by Steve Kloves; directed by David Yates (Warner Bros.)
I recused myself from this category. Maybe by next year, I will have caught up with Doctor Who!
- Locus, edited by Liza Groen Trombi, Kirsten Gong-Wong, et al.
- SF Signal, edited by John DeNardo
- SF Squeecast, Lynne M. Thomas, Seanan McGuire, Paul Cornell, Elizabeth Bear, and Catherynne M. Valente
- Lou Anders
Best Editor, Short Form
- John Joseph Adams
The John W. Campbell Award for Best New Writer
- Karen Lord
- E. Lily Yu