Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Reading Envy 050: Open to Suggestion

I had so much to say I recorded a bonus episode for the 50th episode of Reading Envy! I discuss my questions about romance novels, talk about three books I read set in Uganda, and reflect on my first book speed dating project of 2016.

Download or listen via this link: Reading Envy 050: Open to Suggestion

Subscribe to the podcast via this link: Feedburner
 
Or subscribe via iTunes by clicking: Subscribe

Or listen through TuneIn


Books mentioned:

The Gravity of Sunlight by Rosa Shand
All Our Names by Dinaw Mengestu
Thirty Girls by Susan Minot
Beyond the River Yei by Binyavanga Wainaina
There is a Country: New Fiction from the New Nation of South Sudan
Life Before Man by Margaret Atwood
The Town in Bloom by Dodie Smith
Abide with Me by Elizabeth Strout
The Age of Miracles by Ellen Gilchrist
The Icarus Girl by Helen Oyeyemi
Life Sentences by Laura Lippman
The Keeper of Lost Causes by Jussi Adler-Olsen
Visits from the Drowned Girl by Steven Sherrill
The Swimming Pool Library by Alan Hollinghurst
Crystal Rain by Tobias S. Buckell

Other mentions:

My Goodreads Romance shelf (based on recommendations I have so far)
Review of Thirty Girls by Susan Minot
Boy, Snow, Bird by Helen Oyeyemi




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.