Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Books Read May 2020: 108-135


Pictured: May's 5-star reads

108. Starling Days by Rowan Hisayo Buchanan ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
109. Written in Black by K.H. Lim ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Kindle eBook; my review)
110. The Last Report on the Miracles at Little No Horse by Louise Erdrich ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (library book; my review)
111. To Be Taught, If Fortunate by Becky Chambers ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
112. Raised in Ruins by Tara Neilson ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
113. Writing Wild by Kathryn Aalto ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
114. On Lighthouses by Jazmine Barrera, translated by Christine MacSweeney ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
115. Alligator and Other Stories by Dima Alzayat ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (ARC from publisher; my review)
116. Go, Went, Gone by Jenny Erpenbeck, translated by Susan Bernofsky ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
117. Strange Hotel by Eimear McBride ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
118. Margaret the First by Danielle Dutton ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Hoopla eBook; my review)
119. The Days of Abandonment by Elena Ferrante, translated by Ann Goldstein ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
120. My Part of Her by Javad Djavahery, translated by Emma Ramadan ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
121. Romancing the Inventor by Gail Carriger ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy eBook; my review)
122. Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Hoopla eBook; my review)
123. And Then They Stopped Talking to Me by Judith Warner ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
124. Sharks in the Time of Saviors by Kawai Strong Washburn ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (ARC from publisher; my review) *Note - I added the fifth star later so this book isn't represented in the image above or in my social media posts*
125. Lion Cross Point by Masatsugu Ono, translated by Angus Turvill ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
126. If I Had Your Face by Frances Cha ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
127. Silence of the Chagos by Shenaz Patel, translated by Jeffrey Zuckerman ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
128. The Beauty of Your Face by Sahar Mustafah ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
129. The Story Prize ed. Larry Dark ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (ARC from publisher; my review)
130. Catherine House by Elisabeth Thomas ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
131. The Subtweet by Vivek Shraya ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from publisher; my review)
132. Ducks, Newburyport by Lucy Ellmann ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
133. Walking the Nile by Levison Wood ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Hoopla eBook; my review)
134. Lake Like a Mirror by Ho Sok Fong, translated by Natascha Bruce ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
135. They Say Sarah by Pauline Delabroy-Allard, translated by Adriana Hunter ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)

Books Read: 28

Audiobook: 0
eBook: 17
Print: 11

Library book: 4
Review copy: 15
Personal copy: 9

Booker Prize: 1
Fantasy: 1
Middle East 2020: 2
ReadtheWorld21 (May focus: Asia and Pacific Islands): 6
Science fiction: 1
Short Stories: 3
Translated: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.