Friday, February 14, 2020

Review: Virtuoso

Virtuoso Virtuoso by Yelena Moskovich
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It's taken a while to know how to talk about this book. In some ways it scratches the same itch as one of my favorite novels (Black Wave by Michelle Tea if you somehow haven't caught me going on about it) - 90s, lesbian subculture, slight moments of surrealism and fantasy - but also the story moves around in time as little pieces are revealed, and much of it is in fragments, which usually works for me. All main characters are female, some are from the newly dissolved Czechoslovakia and struggling with identity, and it all starts with one character finding her wife dead in a hotel room....

Please, more people need to read this so I can discuss it!

I had a copy of this from the publisher and it came out last month.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.