Thursday, February 6, 2020

Books Read January 2020: 1-30


Pictured: This month's 5-star reads

1. How to Feed a Dictator  by Witold Szablowski ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
2. A Castle in the Clouds by Kerstin Gier, translated by Romy Fursland ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
3. The Rib Joint: A Memoir in Essays by Julia Koets ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️  (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
4. The Madonnas of Echo Park by Brando Skyhorse, narrated by Robert Ramirez, Luis Moreno, Alma Cuervo, Alyssa Bresnaham, Jonathan Davis, Tony Chiroldes, Florencia Lozano, Annie Henk ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️  (Hoopla audiobook; my review)
5. Mostly Dead Things by Kristen Arnett, narrated by Jesse Vilinsky ⭐️⭐️⭐️  (Hoopla audiobook; my review)
6. The Innocents by Michael Crummey ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
7. Tender Cuts by Jayne Martin  ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️  (eARC from publisher; my review)
8. The Kids Are in Bed by Rachel Bertsche ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from publisher in Edelweiss; my review)
9. Gentleman Jack by Anne Choma ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (print galley from publisher; my review)
10. If Beale Street Could Talk by James Baldwin, narrated by Bahni Turpin ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Audible audiobook; my review)
11. Every Other Weekend by Abigail Johnson ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
12. This One Looks Like a Boy by Lorimer Shenher ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (print galley from publisher; my review)
13. 33 Simple Strategies for Faculty by Lisa M. Nunn ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (borrowed; my review)
14. Guapa by Saleem Haddad, narrated by Fajer Al-Kaisi ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Audible audiobook; my review)
15. Nonbinary: Memoirs of Gender and Identity edited by Micah Rajunov ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (print galley from publisher; my review)
16. Tracks by Louise Erdrich ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (library copy; my review)
17. Cleanness by Garth Greenwell ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
18. Flags in the Dust by William Faulkner ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (personal copy; my review)
19. Planetfall by Emma Newman, narrated by Emma Newman ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Audible audiobook; my review)
20. A Woman is No Man by Etaf Rum ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (interlibrary loan; my review)
21. Night Theater by Vikram Paralkar ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
22. Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead by Olga Tokarczuk, translated by Antonia Lloyd-Jones ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (library book; my review)
23. WWJD and Other Poems by Savannah Sipple ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (print galley from publisher; my review)
24. Optic Nerve by Maria Gainza, translated by Thomas Bunstead ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (print galley from publisher; my review)
25. The River Gods by Brian Kiteley ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (library ebook; my review)
26. Paper Girls Book One by Brian K. Vaughan ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Hoopla ebook; my review)
27. Four Souls by Louise Erdrich ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (library book; my review)
28. All This Could Be Yours by Jami Attenberg ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (Kindle ebook; my review)
29. Topics of Conversation by Miranda Popkey ⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
30. The Antidote for Everything by Kimmery Martin ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (eARC from NetGalley; my review)

Total Books Read: 30

Audiobook: 5
eBook: 14
Print:  11

Borrowed (other than library): 1
Galley: 16
Library: 8
Personal Copy: 5

Goal - Author List: 4
Goal - Middle East 2020: 2
Goal - TBR Explode: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.