Sunday, September 8, 2019

Review: Paul Takes the Form of a Mortal Girl

Paul Takes the Form of a Mortal Girl Paul Takes the Form of a Mortal Girl by Andrea Lawlor
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This book is such a perfect capture of various lgbtq+ communities in the United States in the 80s & 90s that I'd recommend it for that aspect alone. But the main character, who has the ability to shapeshift gender to move more easily within these spaces, really makes for a unique read. It's so hard to believe this is a debut novel because it feels so elegantly written (often about not so elegant topics!) I laughed a lot especially at the beginning.

This book came out 23 April 2019, but I did recently acquire a review copy through NetGalley from the publisher because it was available still AND one of my Goodreads groups was having a fascinating discussion of it and I felt left out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.