Saturday, July 6, 2019

Mid-Year Reading Goal Checkpoint

You can check out my original goals post to see what I was thinking of doing this year. The main reading project I took on that isn't mentioned is the TBR Explode project, which I've been updating every three months.

1. Read Asia

I'm currently reading two more books that will count for this challenge, but here is what I've read so far:

Burma/Myanmar
The Long Path to Wisdom: Tales from Burma by Jan-Philipp Sendker

China
Broken Stars: Contemporary Chinese Science Fiction in Translation edited by Ken Liu
Double Awesome Chinese Food by Margaret Li

Japan
After Dark by Haruki Murakami
After the Quake by Haruki Murakami
Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami
My Brother's Husband V. 1 by Gengoroh Tagame  
My Brother's Husband V. 2 by Gengoroh Tagame

Laos
The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman

The Philippines
America is Not the Heart by Elaine Castillo
The Body Papers by Grace Talusan
Monsoon Mansion by Cinelle Barnes
Patron Saints of Nothing by Randy Ribay

Singapore
Aunty Lee's Delights by Ovidia Yu

Thailand
Arid Dreams by Duanwad Pimwana
Bright by Duanwad Pimwana
The Sad Part Was by Prabda Yoon
Sightseeing by Rattawut Lapcharoensap

Vietnam
On Earth We're Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.