Friday, May 31, 2019

Books Read May 2019: 118-133


Pictured: 5 star reads, and yes that's ironic. Or fitting.

This month was a strange reading month, where I DNF'd 6 books that I'd had over my head (most of them ARCs, one library book) and stalling my reading in other ways for too long. And even some of the books I finished were disappointing, lackluster at times. I only read 16 total, but the two I gave five stars were books I read slowly along with people. Hmm, there may be something to that

118. The Bookshop of the Broken Hearted by Robert Hillman *** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
119. Boy Swallows Universe by Trent Dalton **** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
120. Sightseeing by Rattawut Lapcharoensap **** (personal copy; my review)
121. The Silence of the Girls by Pat Barker **** (library copy; my review)
122. Daisy Jones & the Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid **** (personal copy audiobook; my review)
123. Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians by Brandon Sanderson *** (library copy; my review)
124. Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come by Jessica Pan **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
125. The High Mountains of Portugal by Yann Martel ** (RB Digital audiobook (library); my review)
126. Naamah by Sarah Blake *** (library copy; my review)
127. Shut Up, You're Pretty by Téa Mutonji **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
128. Chronicles of a Radical Hag by Lorna Landvik *** (library copy; my review)
129. What My Mother and I Don't Talk About edited by Michelle Filgate **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
130. White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo ***** (library copy; my review)
131. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell ***** (personal copy; my review)
132. The Bride Test by Helen Hoang **** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
133. Biloxi by Mary Miller *** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)

Books read: 16
DNF (not included in this list): 6

Print: 7
eBook: 7
Audio: 2

Personal copy: 3
Library copy: 6
Review copy: 7

Asia 2019 project: 1
Readalong or group reads: 2
Tournament of Books Summer Camp: 1

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.