Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Books Read April 2019: 83-117


83. The Cook by Maylis de Kerengal *** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
84. Praise Song for the Butterflies by Bernice L. McFadden *** (Hoopla eBook; my review)
85. The Sad Part Was by Prabda Yoon **** (personal copy; my review)
86. Machine by Susan Steinberg **** (Graywolf Galley Club; my review)
87. The Honey Bus by Meredith May **** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
88. Broken Stars translated by Ken Liu **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
89. Cape May by Chip Cheek **** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
90. A Terrible Country by Keith Gessen **** (library copy; my review)
91. Night Sky with Exit Wounds by Ocean Vuong **** (Hoopla eBook; my review)
92. Blind Willow, Sleeping Woman by Haruki Murakami **** (library copy; my review)
93. The Chef's Secret by Crystal King **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
94. kaddish.com by Nathan Englander *** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
95. Mars by Asja Bakic, translated by Jennifer Zoble ***** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
96. Calling a Wolf a Wolf by Kaveh Akbar ***** (interlibrary loan; my review)
97. Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens, read by Cassandra Campbell **** (Audible audiobook; my review)
98. When I Arrived at the Castle by Emily Carroll **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
99. Stitches by David Small **** (library copy; my review)
100. Teaching My Mother How to Give Birth by Warsan Shire ***** (interlibrary loan; my review)
101. Our Men do not Belong to Us by Warsan Shire ***** (interlibrary loan; my review)
102. Misconception by Ryan Boudinot *** (library copy; my review)
103. Make Your Home Among Strangers by Jennine Capó Crucet ***** (library copy; my review)
104. The Fountain Overflows by Rebecca West **** (Hoopla eBook; my review)
105. The Salt Path by Raynor Winn *** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
106. river woman by Katherena Vermette *** (Hoopla eBook; my review)
107. Atomic Marriage by Curtis Sittenfeld; read by Diane Lane *** (free Audible download; my review)
108. Southern Lady Code by Helen Ellis **** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
109. A Place for Us by Fatima Farheen Mirza ***** (library copy; my review)
110. The Last Woman in the Forest by Diane Les Becquets **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
111. Bright by Duanwad Pimwana, translated by Mui Poopoksakul ***** (personal copy; my review)
112. Brute: Poems by Emily Skaja (personal copy; my review)
113. Women Talking by Miriam Toews *** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
114. The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down by Anne Fadiman ***** (interlibrary loan; my review)
115. Hotbox: Inside Catering, the Food World's Riskiest Business by Matt Lee, Tedd Lee *** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
116. Pastoral by André Alexis **** (Audible audiobook; my review)
117. The Athiest Wore Silk by Anna Journey **** (interlibrary loan; my review)


Total Books Read: 35
Five-starred: 8!

Print: 15
eBook: 17
Audiobook: 3

Review copies or other galleys: 14
Library or interlibrary loan: 15
Purchased: 6

Asia 2019: 5
Womens' Prize for Fiction: 1
Poetry: 7
Leftover Tournament of Books longlist reading: 2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.