Thursday, March 28, 2019

Review: Lord

Lord Lord by Noll João Gilberto
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I finished this book as unsettled as I felt when I finished Fever Dream, the same kind of surreal doom on every page, compounded by the characters not being able to navigate their own realities. The man wandering London makes attempts to grab hold at times through contact with others but his identity seems to be shifting out of his control.
.
I subscribed to Two Lines Press this year and this was the first book they sent me! I'm trying to be more quick to read selections sent my way. It looks like Lord has two other novels translated into English so I may need to check them out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.