Saturday, September 22, 2018

Review: Normal People: A Novel

Normal People: A Novel Normal People: A Novel by Sally Rooney
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The night before the Man Booker Shortlist was announced, I was approved for the eARC of this title, so I stayed up late finishing it. Sadly it was not included in the shortlist, but if you like novels about relationships, this is excellent. It traces Marianne and Connell's friendship from childhood, and also tackles class difference and family violence.

(I often find my favorite books from award lists are long but not shortlisted anyway.)

Thanks to the publisher for granting me early access; sadly this doesn't come out in the USA until April 2019. You can bide your time by reading her earlier work.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.