Sunday, September 2, 2018

Books Read August 2018: 192-218


Pictured: August's 5-star reads

192. The Shakespeare Requirement by Julie Schumacher **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
193. The Iliac Crest by Cristina Rivera Garza **** (Hoopla eBook from library; my review)
194. Love Interrupted by Reneilwe Malatji **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
195. The Third Hotel by Laura Van Den Berg ***** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
196. Motherhood by Sheila Heti ***** (interlibrary loan; my review)
197. Best Evidence: Poems by Mark Osaki **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
198. Twenty Things Adopted Kids... by Sherrie Eldridge *** (library book; my review)
199. The End of the End of Everything by Dale Bailey **** (Hoopla eBook from library; my review)
200. Trysting by Emmanuelle Pagano *** (personal copy; my review)
201. The Overstory by Richard Powers ***** (personal copy; my review)
202. Hutterite Diaries by Linda Maendel *** (personal copy; my review)
203. Born Hutterite by Samuel Hofer **** (personal copy; my review)
204. I Am Hutterite by Mary-Ann Kirkby ***** (personal copy; my review)
205. Indian Horse by Richard Wagamese *** (review copy; my review)
206. Collision by Merle Kroger *** (review copy; my review)
207. The Dark Interval by Rainer Maria Rilke **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
208. Cinder by Marissa Meyer **** (Hoopla audiobook from library; my review)
209. Days of Awe: Stories by A.M. Homes **** (interlibrary loan; my review)
210. In On It by Elisabeth O'Toole **** (interlibrary loan; my review)
211. You Can Adopt Without Debt by Julie Gumm *** (library book; my review)
212. Washington Black by Esi Edugyan **** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
213. A Girl's Guide to Missiles by Karen Piper **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
214. A Working Woman by Elvira Navarro *** (personal copy; my review)
215. Sight by Jessie Greengrass **** (eARC from Edelweiss; my review)
216. Leaving Resurrection by Eva Saulitis **** (borrowed from friend; my review)
217. Vox by Christina Dalcher ** (eARC from NetGalley; my review)
218. Stay with Me by Ayobami Adebayo *** (library book; my review)

Total books read: 27
Print: 15
Audio: 1
eBook: 11
Review copies: 11
Canada/Alaska 2018: 6
Women in Translation Month: 3
Man Booker Prize Longlist: 2
PoC author: 5
Male author: 6
Female author: 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.