Thursday, July 26, 2018

Review: Snap

Snap Snap by Belinda Bauer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Snap is the first crime novel nominated for the Man Booker Prize, named to the longlist announced earlier this week. I was pleased to discover I had access to the title via Hoopla (both eBook and audio!) so I decided to give it a go.

This is a solid crime novel. It held my attention to the very end. Crime solved, ends tied up, fun little diversions, intertwined story. I didn't really see anything that I found particularly singular to make it stand out above other solid crime novels, and I don't feel as if I will feel compelled to read it or think of it at any point in the future. To me, a novel of literary award merit needs to have something extra, something special, something beyond just being well written.

A few notes I made along the way:

Two characters are obsessed with body hair. Why two? It's a strange thing, but used twice is even stranger. Both are male, and both continuously remove it from their bodies.

I felt like the author was thinking of Homer & Langley for one of the homes used in this book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.