Thursday, July 2, 2015

Books Added June 2015


I was in Beaufort, SC last week on vacation and many of the new books in my house come from that trip. I also have some birthday presents on this pile, as well as some books my father-in-law brought home from Charleston and gave us.  I brought fiction set in South Carolina with me on my trip (which I will discuss on an upcoming podcast episode) but we came home with a bunch of non-fiction.

1,000 Foods to Eat Before You Die by Mimi Sheraton
Food Blogging 101 by Malika Harricharan Bowling
Rehearsal for Reconstruction: The Port Royal Experiment by Willie Lee Rose
Fort Sumter National Monument: "Where the Civil War Began"
Letters and Diary of Laura M. Towne
South Carolina's Revolutionary War Battlefields by R. Barbour
Gullah Statesman by Miller
Food Photography: from Snapshots to Great Shots by Nicole S. Young
Boone Hall Plantation by Michelle Adams
The Charleston Chef's Table by Holly Herrick
Cake My Day!  by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson
Beautiful Beaufort: Pearl of the South by Martin McFie

 

I also picked up an adult coloring book (they are all the rage) and a bookmark about the upcoming Pat Conroy festival for his 70th birthday. He is the local darling of Beaufort since he lives there, and the two bookstores we visited had a Pat Conroy section. s

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.