For our fourth episode, we brought in Jenny's friend Karen, a reading friend she made through an online book club in a virtual world. Karen teaches Spanish at a university in the south. We had a great conversation!
Do you know what month it is?
Scott brought three books that he managed to read while flying to and fro:
- Pavane by Keith Roberts
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Aimless Love by Billy Collins
Karen collected three books to discuss:
- Admission by Jean Hanff Korelitz
- “Casa Tomada” from Bestiario by Julio Cortázar
- Fables Vol. 9: Sons of Empire by Bill Willingham
Jenny pulled three books from her recently read list:
Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Fun Home by Alison Bechdel
The Book of Goodbyes by Jillian Weise
A few links from our discussion:
Alison Bechdel revisits her childhood home twenty years later
A three-year-old recites Litany by Billy Collins
Google image search for Fables art
Download or listen via this link: Reading Envy 004: Home, Frightening and Banned
Subscribe to the podcast via this link: Feedburner
Or subscribe via iTunes by clicking: Subscribe.