Sunday, March 31, 2013

April is Poetry Month

"Ink runs from the corners of my mouth.
There is no happiness like mine.
I have been eating poetry...."

-
Mark Strand, Eating Poetry
(read the poem at its entirety at the Poetry Foundation or hear the poet read it himself!) 


I've been hoarding poetry since the beginning of the year.  This pile is what I hope to get through this month at minimum.  I'm going to have to track down a working cassette player for the Rilke.  
 
Who is your favorite poem? Will you be reading any poetry during April?  

2 comments:

  1. Actually, April is the cruelest month.
    (Sorry, I couldn't resist. But in all seriousness, T.S. Eliot is one of my favorite poets and I'll probably read him during April)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh goodness I love Eliot as a poet (and as a playwright!). I reread The Love Song of.... every year at least once.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.