Sunday, August 9, 2020

Review: What's Left of Me Is Yours

What's Left of Me Is Yours What's Left of Me Is Yours by Stephanie Scott
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A man hires a firm to seduce his wife so he has grounds for divorcing her, and she is found murdered by her father. The novel moves back and forth in time between the wife and her daughter as an adult, looking into more of the situation surrounding her mother's death. This is based on a real story coming out of Japan and the author took the idea and ran with it. It's a small thing but I also really loved how she writes the surroundings of each scene - it never bogged down the narrative but I always had a clear picture in my mind of the scene in ways I don't usually have.

The author thanks Louise Doughty in the afterword and I feel like if you have read Doughty you will like this too..it has a feeling of being a thriller but isn't really a thriller, crime elements without being a crime novel.

I had a copy of this book from the publisher through Edelweiss but it's been out since June 23.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.