Sunday, May 24, 2020

Review: Sharks in the Time of Saviors

Sharks in the Time of Saviors Sharks in the Time of Saviors by Kawai Strong Washburn
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

A Hawaiian family is thrown into turmoil when their middle son, Nainoa, is saved from drowning by sharks. He seems to develop an ability to heal but not all gifts are gifts. The novel follows Noa and his siblings as they attempt to forge their own identities, and the parents as they try to make ends meet.
This book was selected for the Tournament of Books CampToB so I'm looking forward to more people in my circles reading it. It's a very strong debut!

I had an ARC from the publisher which I read a bit late - this came out in March.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.