Sunday, August 18, 2019

Review: Turbulence

Turbulence Turbulence by David Szalay
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is what I think is called a "fix-up" novel, where a string of short stories link together somewhat to form a larger hole. The characters are briefly introduced in relation to a flight they are taking, and another character leaves from that airport and flies to another. Of course by the end there are some connections, but you don't necessarily get a full story from any of the characters, which I ended up feeling was a bit of a shame, because I felt interested in them.

I know the author was a finalist for the National Book Award (USA) but I haven't not read that book. I enjoyed his writing and it sustained me through insomnia last night so win/win.

Thanks to the publisher for approving my request through Edelweiss. The book came out July 16, 2019.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.