Thursday, May 17, 2018

Review: Tin Man

Tin Man Tin Man by Sarah Winman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is a book I've noticed for almost a year as my UK bookish friends got to read it way before it came out in the United States. I was so glad to finally get a copy!

The story is about two men who were childhood friends and lovers, without putting labels on it really, and the painful/bittersweet/nostalgic realizations they make as adults. Ellis does so after losing his wife and is trying to navigate life alone, Michael does so in his childhood writings that we see in the second half of the book.

But this description does nothing to capture the feeling of connection the author is able to make between the characters and the reader, the love and loss you feel alongside them. I think I read it without breathing.

Thanks to the publisher for providing access to this title through Edelweiss. It came out May 15, 2018.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.