Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Books Read January 2018 - 1-24


Books pictured are this month's five-star reads.

  1. Two Old Women by Velma Wallis
  2. The Wife Between Us by Greer Hendricks
  3. Fire Sermon by Jamie Quatro
  4. Norwegian by Night by Derek B. Miller
  5. The Dry by Harper, Jane 
  6. Woman at 1,000 Degrees by Hallgrímur Helgason 
  7. Bear by Marian Engel
  8. White Tears by Hari Kunzru
  9. I Want to Show You More by Jamie Quatro
  10. Binti: The Night Masquerade by Nnedi Okorafor
  11. Little Reunions by Eileen Chang
  12. Take Me With You by Andrea Gibson
  13. The End of Eddy by Édouard Louis
  14. Idaho by Emily Ruskovich
  15. Grief Map by Sarah Hahn Campbell
  16. The Wind Off the Small Isles and The Lost One by Mary Stewart 
  17. If You Lived Here, I'd Know Your Name by Heather Lende
  18. Large Animals by Jess Arndt
  19. Need to Know by Karen Cleveland
  20. Winter by Karl Ove Knasgard
  21. The Animators by Kayla Rae Whitaker
  22. The Dark Dark by Samantha Hunt
  23. The Night Guest by Fiona McFarlane
  24. Refuge by Terry Tempest Williams
Books read: 24
Pages read: 6071

Gender breakdown:
18 female
5 male
1 multi/other

PoC: 4

Format:
13 print
11 eBook
0 audio

Status:
7 personal copy
9 review copy
8 library copy

Reason:
1 Book club
2 Monthly theme for Newest Literary Fiction ("Australia")
5 Tournament of Books (4 shortlist, 1 long list)

Reviews of all books I read in 2018 can be found in Goodreads.  This year I'm not going to link to each one when that information already exists!

Progress on Reading Goals for 2018:

1. Read Canada and Alaska
Wallis, Campbell, and Lende are set in Alaska; Engel is set in Canada.

2. Complete six book speed-dating projects
Haven't done this so will need to in February! I think I'll start with my leftover galleys from 2017.

3. Host two Reading Envy readalongs
No progress.

4. Reading challenges

Reading Women Challenge
I think I've fulfilled four items from this.

Unread Shelf Project 2018 (found in Instagram)
#theunreadshelfproject2018 @theunreadshelf @calsreads @katereadsbooks
I feel like my cookbook project is fun, and I'm sticking to that pretty well, but I'm not meeting my goal of 50% books from my own shelves, at least not so far. 

5. Keep book data outside of Goodreads
I'm having fun with this - planner, spreadsheet, etc. I need to turn off the Kindle functionality that changes a Goodread status to "read" because I almost missed a book from this list because of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.