Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Review: Stephen Florida

Stephen Florida Stephen Florida by Gabe Habash
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

"I have reached many limits, but I have not reached my limit in wrestling. I know that for certain."
Stephen Florida is a college wrestler with one goal - to win the championship at the 133 lb weight classification in his senior year. He has been working towards this goal and will not let anything get in the way. This book is able to show what a singular, obsessive focus looks like, and what suffers, not the least of which is the person pursuing the goal.

I think the strength of this novel really shows at the end. (view spoiler)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.