Sunday, April 23, 2017

Review: Midwinter

Midwinter Midwinter by Fiona Melrose
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is probably more of a 3.5 star read for me, rounded up, because I stalled in a major way at one point, and didn't think the dips into Zambia were necessary (in fact it felt a bit like using the "other" as the easy villain when there are worse villains at hand - alcoholism, poverty, disappointment.) Other than my minor complaints, I enjoyed the focused story of a father and son dealing with grief and anger and struggling through two major incidents in their lives, one more recent than the other. It helped to have the chapters alternate between father and son.

I would look forward to another book by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.