Friday, March 31, 2017

Books 57-83 of 2017 (March)


(pictured are 5-star reads)

Books read: 26

Male authors: 8
Female: 17
Various/other: 1

Print: 10
eBook: 12
Audio: 4

Translated: 3
Award nominees: 6
Review copies: 14

57. Once We Were Sisters: A Memoir by Sheila Kohler (personal copy from Malaprops subscription; my review) **
58. We Should All Be Feminists by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (personal copy/review copy from Quarterly.co; my review) ****
59. Sweet Lamb of Heaven by Lydia Millet (eBook from Hoopla; my review) **
60. How to Be a Muslim: An American Story by Haroon Moghul (eARC from Edelweiss; my review) ****
61. The Mothers by Brit Bennett (personal copy/review copy from Quarterly.co; my review) *****
62. March: Vol. 1 by John Robert Lewis (eBook from Hoopla; my review) ****
63. On Reading, Writing, and Living with Books by various (eARC from Edelweiss; my review) ****
64. Cannibal: Poems by Safiya Sinclair (interlibrary loan; my review) ****
65. Island Home: A Landscape Memoir by Tim Winton (ARC from publisher; my review) *****
66. The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden (eARC from NetGalley; my review) ****
67. Light Box: Stories by K.J. Orr (library book; my review) ****
68. How to Be an Indian in the 21st Century by Louis "Two Shoes" Clark (eARC from Edelweiss; my review) **
69. Lumberjanes, Vol. 1: Beware the Kitten Holy by Noelle Stevenson (eBook from Hoopla; my review) ****
70. Cain: Poems by Luke Kennard (library book; my review) ****
71. My Life with Bob: Flawed Heroine Keeps Book of Books, Plot Ensues by Pamela Paul (eARC from Edelweiss; my review) ****
72. Eve Out of Her Ruins by Ananda Devi (personal copy; my review) *****
73. The Temporary Bride: A Memoir of Love and Food in Iran by Jennifer Klinec (eARC from Edelweiss; my review) *****
74. Swimmer Among the Stars: Stories by Kanishk Tharoor (eARC from NetGalley; my review) ****
75. The Rules do not Apply by Ariel Levy (eARC from NetGalley; my review) ****
76. Daughter of a Thousand Years by Amalia Carosella (audiobook review copy; my review) ***
77. Difficult Women: Stories by Roxane Gay (personal copy; my review) ****
78. The Beautiful Struggle by Ta-Nehisi Coates (library book; my review) *****
79. Ernesto by Umberto Sala (eARC from Edelweiss; my review) ***
80. Seeing People Off by Jana Benova (eARC from Edelweiss; my review) ****
81. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (Audible audiobook; my review) ****
82. Lafayette in these Somewhat United States by Sarah Vowell (Audible audiobook; my review) ***
83. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (book swap; my review) ****

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.