Thursday, February 16, 2017

Library Books Mid-February 2017

Fever Dream by Samanta Schweblin
Freedom is a Constant Struggle: Ferguson, Palestine, and the Foundations of a Movement by Angela Y. Davis
Treats by Lara Williams
Black Wave by Michelle Tea
Books for Living by Will Schwalbe
We Too Sing America: South Asian, Arab, Muslim, and Sikh Immigrants Shape Our Multiracial Future by Deepa Iyer
Flying Close to the Sun: My Life and Times as a Weatherman by Cathy Wilkerson
Nagasaki: Life After Nuclear War by Susan Southard
Assata, an autobiography by Assata Shakur
The Giant's House by Elizabeth McCracken
Missoula: Rape and the Justice System in a College Town by Jon Krakauer

To Dwell in Peace by Daniel Berrigan



One of my Goodreads groups is reading revolutionary reads in February, so I brought home the Davis, Wilkerson, Shakur, and Berrigan to try. My in-person book club discussed A Dictionary of Mutual Understanding on Monday, and I read the Southard to prepare for the discussion. Iyer is the March pick, but the public library has only one copy, so I thought I'd read it and return it quickly.

Williams, Tea, and Schweblin are award nominees with a lot of hype. Schwalbe is one I started in audio and decided I wanted to read it where I could mark pages and more easily make notes (audiobooks are hard this way.) The Krakauer is one I want to read for some of my campus work, and the McCracken was recommended to me by a Goodreads friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.