Monday, February 15, 2016

Library Books Mid-February 2016

The Book of Secrets by M.G. Vasanji
Coolhaus Ice Cream Book: Custom-Built Sandwiches with Crazy-Good Combos of Cookies, Ice Creams, Gelatos, and Sorbets
Speak by Louisa Hall (read my review)
Sugar in the Blood: A Family's Story of Slavery and Empire by Andrea Stuart (read my review)
Voyage of the Sable Venus: and Other Poems by Robin Coste Lewis
Elephant Company: The Inspiring Story of an Unlikely Hero and the Animals Who Helped Him Save Lives in World War II by Vicki Constantine Croke
Hyena and the Moon: Stories to Tell from Kenya
Charlie All Night by Jennifer Cruisie (not pictured; eBook) (read my review)
In Between the Sheets by Ian McEwan (not pictured; eBook)


The Croke and Stuart are book club selections for my local book club (International Center of the Upstate), and the Vasanji is for one of my online book clubs (Great Africa Reads.)

Speak and Coolhaus were picked up at the public library when I had to go to update my account. Because I updated my account I was able to download the Cruisie as part of my romance reading project.

I heard about the McEwan on the Books on the Nightstand podcast and downloaded it from the library where I work. I had the Lewis on hold forever since it was on the longlist for the National Book Award for poetry, which it went on to read. Hyena is part of my ongoing Africa 2016 reading project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.