Friday, May 15, 2015

Jenny's Library Books Mid-May 2015

Life has been crazy since the beginning of April. New dogs (yes, that's plural), the end of the semester, the start of the May term (where I teach a storytelling class) - I'm surprised I've read anything at all! I brought home a few more books from the library and think it's fun to talk about.

I took this first picture when I had to return some books I had borrowed through interlibrary loan. One duplicates April's list, and another appears on both piles. Did I mention I'm not sleeping much with the yelping puppy?


The Opposite of Loneliness by Marina Keegan
Southern by the Grace of God by Lewis Grizzard
The Hired Man by Aminatta Forna
Bad Feminist: Essays by Roxane Gay
Back in the Day Bakery Made With Love by Cheryl and Griffith Day
The Adventures of Odysseus by Hugh Lupton and Daniel Morden

The Marías and Yumi were recommended to me, the Forna was for my International book club and the Grizzard was the moderator pick for my Southern literature book club. The rest I either came across in my reading or on the shelf at the library. The Keegan will be discussed on an upcoming episode of the podcast, and I hope to meet the Days tomorrow at the SC Book Festival. 


Doyle the boxer mix puppy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.