Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Jenny's Books Added March 2015



Gould's Book of Fish by Richard Flanagan
Tenth of December by George Saunders
Open City by Teju Cole
On Such a Full Sea by Chang-Rae Lee
Among the Ten Thousand Things by Julia Pierpont
More Mexican Everyday by Rick Bayless
City Lights Pocket Poets Anthology edited by Lawrence Ferlinghetti

This month the books I've brought in have a wide range and purpose.

There is a great author series down at the University of South Carolina called The Open Book, and I'm going to be able to go see Chang-Rae Lee, Teju Cole, and just saw George Saunders.  That was the reason for ordering their books this month, although I had already read the Saunders and Cole (I had an audiobook of the Saunders and a library book of the Cole, but nothing that could be signed.)

The Bayless, Pierpont, and City Lights anthology are review copies from either Edelweiss or NetGalley.  The poetry anthology is here just in time for National Poetry Month!

The Flanagan was a deal in Amazon, and I had signed up to take a MOOC on Australian lit where this was one of the reading selections.  Since I have yet to do any of the reading for the MOOC and already read a Flanagan in the last year, I'm thinking that will linger a while before I get to reading it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.