Saturday, August 16, 2014

Jenny's Library Books Mid-August Edition


The Blazing World by Siri Hustvedt
I Am Having So Much Fun Here Without You by Courtney Maum
The Lady in Gold by Anne-Marie O'Connor
Orfeo by Richard Powers
History of the Rain by Niall Williams

This month is dominated by the Man Booker Prize longlist.  Half the books won't be available in the USA until after the shortlist is announced, but I wanted to read some of the longlist.  That explains the Hustvedt, the Powers, and the Williams.

The Lady in Gold is coming up for my International Club of the Upstate Bookclub in September, and the Maum was just for me.  I zipped through the Maum last weekend, and hope to at least start some of the Booker longlisted books this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I also just got Orfeo out of the library, it sounds incredibly ambitious. I just finished The Blazing World. I think it was a very interesting book, both structurally and in the ideas that underpinned it, although I'm not sure how much it worked for me as a 'story' - interested to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.