Orange January/July is a biannual event where bloggers from the Orange Prize Project encourage readers to choose at least one title from the Orange Prize longlist, shortlist, or winners list.
For Orange January, I managed to make it through four Orange Prize books, two that I also counted for my Around the World Challenge.
- Gut Symmetries by Jeannette Winterson (longlist, 1997)
- Frangipani by Celestine Vaite (longlist, 2006)
- The Tiger's Wife by Téa Obreht (winner, 2011)
- Case Histories by Kate Atkinson (longlist, 2005)
- Half of a Yellow Sun (winner, 2007)
- Home (winner, 2009)
- A Short History of Tractors in Ukrainian (shortlist, 2005)
- Brick Lane (longlist, 2004)
- American Wife (longlist, 2009)