Saturday, December 17, 2011

Vacation Reading

I work Monday and Tuesday next week, but I have already started to gather the important stack of vacation reading.  I started taste-testing the books tonight, which were picked largely by picking interesting sounding titles from the beginning of my to-read list.  I have one for work, two for baking research, and the rest for fun.

Top to bottom:

-Go-Go Girls of the Apocalypse
-Reasons for and Advantages of Breathing: Stories
-The Kingdom of Ohio
-Appassionata
-You've Got to Read This!
-The Gone-Away World
-The Information: A History, A Theory, A Flood
-The Italian Baker
-The Food of Spain
-Embedded Librarians

I still have time to declare these books unreadable and to make another pile.  I definitely didn't mean to pick two post-apocalyptic books, especially considering that I'm still listening to Swan Song. 

What are YOU reading over the holidays?

3 comments:

  1. What a great stack of books!

    I have no idea yet what I'll be reading over the break, but maybe Santa will bring me some new books, you never know! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it that other people also make giant stacks of vacation reading! I love The Italian Baker. Everything I ever made from it was sensational.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sam - I have book-shaped gifts under the tree but decided not to peek.

    @Julie - Did you ever make the cassata? That looked incredibly different/interesting plus is Sicilian (and my Italy pick for 2012 is Sicilian stories)...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting the Reading Envy blog and podcast. Word verification has become necessary because of spam.